Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Through The Wreckage

Through the wreckage I saw a man standing alone
Tied tight to a weight that would not let him go
As he struggled to loosen the bonds that constrained
He found that his efforts only brought him more pain

He was weakened and dying, all this I could see
Never once did I think I could set this man free
I knew what He needed so I cried out for help
I called out for rescue with every ounce of myself

Then I watched as He came and loosened the knots
How He cast down the weight without any thought
I rubbed both my eyes that were weary from tears
As I knew that this man had been tied down for years

Now this man who was shackled to the death of this world
Was set free by our Savior, Christ Jesus, our Lord

Copyright © 2012 Ryan Bitters

www.strongerinfaith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment