Monday, March 5, 2012

My Sign

Around my neck hangs a sign that is bold
That tells the whole world Jesus shattered my mold
I'm a sinner forgiven, I'm a servant of God
A Christian for life and to you it seems odd

So let me tell you the reason you don't understand
Why you look at me weird and think I am mad
Why you think it is strange, pointless, absurd
To believe in the Father, the Spirit, and Word

I was like you before walking backwards uphill
Looking for any gain and the next sinful thrill
My vision was blurred and my ears they were closed
And to everything Jesus my heart was opposed

So I know you feel pressured I wore those shoes too
Constantly hearing those Jesus-loves-yous
But you must understand these words are not wrong
They are perfect and true and infallibly strong

You see, He died on the cross not because He was weak
He endured all that pain for the sinful and meek
He became sacrificial and bled for our sins
So that all could have life if they are born again

He wants you, He wants me, and all in between
The wicked, broken, poor, lost and unclean
So tear down your walls and let Jesus come in
Let Him show you His love and forgive all your sins

Then the next time you see the sign that I wear
You'll know what it means and what I declare
You'll still look at me weird and a little bit odd
Wondering why I took so long to tell you of God


Copyright © 2012 Ryan Bitters.  All Rights Reserved.

www.strongerinfaith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment