Monday, January 7, 2013

Filthy Lips

Why is it that I anger so
When from my lips this filth once flowed
Why do I sit and burn with scorn
When both my ears have been so worn

So should I speak or should I not
Could I plead though all for naught
Would I dare let leave my lungs
The breath that lifts my foolish tongue

No, I can't. I mustn't. I won't this time
I've seen this plenty pantomimed
Remain in silence just once more
I must.  I can.  I will, I'm sure.

For God has warned of things like this
Things that seem they are amiss
And what I must and mustn't do
When things around me are askew

So take this burden firm, shall I
And at my master's feet I'll lie
The load that bears upon my heart
And from my soul this all will part

Copyright © 2013 Ryan Bitters. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment