Thursday, December 27, 2012

Oh, How I

Oh, how I yearn for my love to be sincere
A wholehearted love, bona fide and real

Oh, how I ache for this love to be devout
Firm and unchanging, sound, and ever stout

Oh, how I long for the passion and the burn
That comes with serving God at every single turn

Oh, how I pine for the hope in which joy lies
The hope that set me free and opened up my eyes

Oh, how I need you all to understand
All those things that I desire lie within the Lamb


Copyright © 2012 Ryan Bitters. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Great poem, Ryan, and it really conveys sincerity.

    My favorite line: "Oh, how I long for the passion and the burn That comes with serving God at every single turn"

    Well said!! Peace to you and yours. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. And peace to you and yours. Thanks for the wonderful and encouraging comment. And that is something I hope all Christians long for.

    ReplyDelete