Monday, February 20, 2012

No Weapon Is Greater

It pains me just to think about
Every drop of blood you shed
The cross you bore and the pain endured
And the crown atop your head

So I battle day and I battle night
So I can live a life like you
Free of sin, full of love,
And with faith in all I do

But at times I feel like what you want
And what I do compete
Like all the good inside of me
Does nothing but deplete

Now I know I'm a sinner and all was forgiven
The day that you got hold
But now more than ever I see what was given
Just to break this wicked mold

For in this war that is waged for my soul
I have neither a weapon nor arm
That can do any better or is any stronger
Than the one who calmed the storm

So when I'm in trouble and feel I will faulter
Under the weight of wicked sin
For you I must cry out, for you I must trust Lord,
To fill me from within

Guide me Lord and help me conquer
Those things that bring forth shame
For with you Lord I have the strength
To glorify your Name


Copyright © 2012 Ryan Bitters.  All Rights Reserved.

www.strongerinfaith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment